echnology has enabled a DIY approach in many industries (just ask a travel agent)!
What about selling your agency? Should you just do it yourself?
Factors to consider:
- Are you leaving money on the table? Do you know how to accurately value your title business ? Do you know what different buyers look for in an acquisition?
- Your range of buyers might be limited to those you know or in your network. An investment banker can identify a range of prospective buyers you may otherwise not have considered or had access to.
- Are your financials really what a buyer wants to see? An investment banker can help provide financial insight and build a business narrative that can convince potential buyers of future opportunity.
- Identify vulnerabilities within the business. An investment banker can identify blind spots that could otherwise lead to lower valuations and/or unfavorable terms.
- Eye on the ball. We all have a limit to our bandwidth. Selling yourself may take up a lot more time than you think (wait until the due diligence phase!) and impair your ability to run the business. Do you really have that much free time? Can you afford for revenues or profits to suffer from a broken sale process?
There are many ways an investment banking firm who truly understands your business can help you sell.
To learn more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 310 294 9199.
Turk & Co is a title industry centric M&A firm with global reach that specializes in selling title companies, large and small. We take a hands-on approach to our client relationships, working closely with you to understand your objectives and build the right strategy for you to achieve a successful and meaningful exit.
The professionals at Turk & Company have decades of experience in helping business owners evaluate all aspects of the buy and sale process.